You don't have to go through a Cinderella number in order to wear shoes in the latest styles. Hush Puppies, known for comfortable footwear, have come out with a collection featuring a variety of styles, ranging from comfort clogs and lightweight sandals to classic loafers and oxfords, in extended sizes and widths.
The National Shoe Retailers Association offers these tips for proper shoe fit:
- Sizes vary among shoe brands and styles. Don't select shoes by the size marked inside the shoe. Judge the shoe by how it fits on your foot.
- Select a shoe that conforms as nearly as possible to the shape of your foot.
- Have your feet measured regularly. The size of your feet changes as you grow older.
- Have both feet measured. Most people have one foot larger than the other. Fit to the largest foot.
- Fit at the end of the day when your feet are largest.
- Stand during the fitting process and check that there is adequate space (3/8" to 1/2") for your longest toe at the end of each shoe.
- Make sure the ball of your foot fits comfortably into the widest part of the shoe.
- Don't buy shoes that feel too tight, expecting them to "stretch" to fit.
- Your heel should fit comfortably in the shoe with a minimum amount of slippage.
- Walk in the shoe to make sure it fits and feels right. (Fashionable shoes can be comfortable!)