If you've got a case of the blues, take action now! You can shore up your once-sunny disposition in any number of ways. Think up your own, or use one of these ideas to get you started.
1. Volunteer - Drop by your local homeless shelter or call your favorite organization and see if you can lend a hand. Helping others and getting your mind off your own woes is sure to lift your spirits.
2. Go for a Walk - Or a bike ride, or another type of exercise. A workout releases endorphins, which are natural mood elevators. Avoid the heat and enjoy the long daylight hours with early morning and late evening strolls and rides.
3. Be Thankful - Take a moment to write down five things that you're grateful for. The items can be important (your good health) or seemingly inconsequential (a stranger's smile). Focussing on the positive, rather than the negative, will surely brighten your day.
4. Drop a Note - Think back to the last time that you had a great belly laugh or a terrific time with a friend or a family member. Jot your remembrance down on a postcard or in an email and send it to that person, letting them know that they brought a smile to your face today.
5. Take Five - Take a break from your stressful life to spend some time pampering yourself. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers. Relax with a long soak in the tub. Start that trashy novel you've been wanting to read. You're worth it!